How to Have a RAWR Marriage
Here is the message I preached at Carlo Ople and Mich Ople’s Wedding
1. ROLES YOU PLAY AS MAN AND WIFE MUST BE CLEAR
– MEN – lead your family physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually by holding on to God’s grace because your abilities will fail you but his power and strength would give you the strength to accomplish what he has called you to do.
– WOMEN – you submit to your husband’s leadership. He is your spiritual head and covering. He is your partner. You two should be inseparable. You two work together. You are for each other. Be his number 1 fan.
Know your partner’s love language – that is his/her affection.
Here are th 5 Love Languages: TOUCH, TIME, SERVICE, GIFTS, WORDS.
– Your partner has a lvoe tank that only you can fill. it would be dangerous if they look to other people to fill their love tank.
– not sing a song together before you go to bed but a lifestyle of worship. Worship means surrender. The first mention of worship was when Abraham offered Isaac to God. Put Jesus in the center of this marriage.
– read your Bible everyday. Pray for your spouse every single day.
4. RELATIONSHIPS with Others
– avoid fights by learning from other people’s experience. Get marriage mentors – it is worth the investment. Talk to couple who are successful in their marriage.