Building Your Credibility
I have a friend who had a hard time finding a job. It seems that nobody wants him. Sometimes the problem we have is that we don’t have any credibility or we look like we don’t have one. So here are some ways on how you can build your personal credibility:
1. Earn respect with what you do. Don’t try to earn it from position, status or power.
2. Let people see you are sincere.
3. Suspend your judgment of others – and keep your mind open to considering other perspectives.
4. Keep all of your commitments, even the small ones.
5. Don’t stretch the truth. If you haven’t finished a project, just say so. Don’t try to pass it off as a task taken care of when it isn’t true.