Exposed to Flood, what medicine do I take?
IMPORTANT information: For prevention of Leptospirosis (from Dr. Lito Tamban)
If you know anyone who was exposed to flood–with or without wound–kindly give the following info:
1) Single exposure to flood water, NO wounds/cuts/skin lesions
-Doxycycline 100mg/cap 2 caps single dose w/in 24-72h.
2) For single exposure WITH wounds/cuts/skin lesions
– Doxycycline 100mg/cap 2 caps once a day for 3-5 days.
3) For continuous exposure WITH or WITHOUT wounds
– Doxycycline 100mg/cap 2 caps once weekly till end of exposure.
1) Take with food or after meal.
2) Should NOT be given to people with known allergy to Doxycycline.
3) Please see doctor if with following symptoms: fever, muscle/joint pain, yellowing of eyes, inability to urinate and if with bleeding.