Habits and other great book deals (UPDATED)
UPDATE FOR TODAY:
The book Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan is now on sale. It is a perfect Valentine gift for yourself and for your loved ones. Sale is on a limited time offer.
Here are some great book deals for the week:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. The book title says it all.
2. Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone by Mark Goulston – learn how to get through anyone. The first make-or-break step in persuading anyone to do any thing is getting them to hear you out. Whether the person is a harried colleague, a stressed-out client, or an insecure spouse, things will go from bad to worse if you can’t break through emotional barricades. Drawing on his experience as a psychiatrist, business consultant, and coach, and backed by the latest scientific research, author Mark Goulston shares simple but power ful techniques readers can use to really get through to people–whether they’re coworkers, friends, strangers, or enemies. Getting through is a fine art but a critical one. With the help of this groundbreaking book readers will be able to turn the “impossible” and “unreachable” people in their lives into allies, devoted customers, loyal colleagues, and lifetime friends.
3. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Businessby Charles Duhigg.
NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The Wall Street Journal • Financial Times
4. Date Your Wifeby Jutin Buzzard. I am excited to read this book!!!
An Intensely Practical Guide for Husbands Looking to Strengthen, Save, or Spice up Their Marriage
Most men don’t know how to date their wives. They did it before, but they’ve forgotten how, or they’re trying but it just doesn’t seem to be working. Justin Buzzard helps men re-learn this all-important skill from a position of security in the gospel of grace. As a father of three boys and husband to a very happy wife, Justin offers guys a helping hand, good news, and wise counsel, along with:
- 100 practical ideas for how to date your wife
- Action steps at the end of each chapter
- Personal stories and real-life examples
All types of marriages—good ones, mediocre ones, and bad ones—will experience a jumpstart as a result of hearing, believing, and living the message of Date Your Wife.
5. And a lot of Veggie Tales Book for young readers for only $1.99, click here for Veggie Tales Offer
6. The Sky Is Not Falling: Living Feaerlessly in These Turbulent Times by Charles Colson.
7. The Top Ten Leadership Commandments by Hans Finzel. Hans is a leadership authority who wrote ten mistakes leaders make so I think this book would also help a lot.
8. Pastor Mark Driscoll’s book Death by Love: Letters from the Cross (RE: Lit: Vintage Jesus) is also on sale.
9. The book by JD Greear that my men’s group are going through Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary is life changing
10. Also started reading this book Sex, Dating, and Relationships and looking at the few chapter I read – I think it is worth the read.