1 Kings 2 New Living Translation
2 As the time of King David’s death approached, he gave this charge to his son Solomon:
2 “I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man. 3 Observe the requirements of the Lord your God, and follow all his ways. Keep the decrees, commands, regulations, and laws written in the Law of Moses so that you will be successful in all you do and wherever you go. 4 If you do this, then the Lord will keep the promise he made to me. He told me, ‘If your descendants live as they should and follow me faithfully with all their heart and soul, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.
1 . Take Courage. Don’t let fear dictate your actions and decisions. Be courageous. Find your strength in God.
2. Be a Man. Embrace God’s design for you as a King, Warrior, Disciple-maker and Friend. You will find all these 4 concepts on my book Act Like a Man.
3. Observe God’s requirements. You need to know what God requires of you and stick with it. How? Read his word and get it into your system.
4. Follow God’s Way. You no longer live the way the world lives. You no longer lead the way the world leads. You are counter-cultural. Learn the ways of God and follow it.
5. Keep the commands of God. God’s command is not an option. It is a call to obedience. Keep His commands and you stay longer and protected.
6. Be a good Father. You have to pass this 5 things I told you about to your sons and daughters. They should be raised up in the ways of God so that your line will be established in the Lord.