35 Lessons I've Learned so Far
Turned 35 last week.
Here are 35 lessons I’ve learned so far:
1. Spend time with your family as much as you can.
They are irreplaceable and your time is limited.
When you honor your father and your mother, things will go well with you.
3. Do something for someone. Generosity is more about giving of yourself.
4. God’s way is way way better than your way. You already know that, but don’t try to show otherwise.
5. Be best friends with your wife. She deserves your best self.
6. Every morning, tell your wife how pretty she is. Everybody happy!
7. Obey first, you can ask God later.
8. A selfie-a-day will keep your friends away.
9. People can change … by the grace of God.
10. Your kids will follow what you do, not just what you say.
11. It takes the same effort to inspire people and to lecture people. You might as well inspire them.
12. Teach your kids to choose their friends well. Don’t just impart knowledge, but also discernment.
13. The husband or the father is the spiritual leader of the family. Yes, you are.
14. Value friendships. Be the kind of friend who sticks closer than a brother.
15. Sometimes the smartest person in the room isn’t the loudest one, but the quiet one. Listen more, speak less.
16. Develop one talent, skill or ability at a time. And then when you are great at it, you can learn another one.
17. Just be you. You don’t need to be “the next ____________” of the industry.
18. Be “easy to work with.” But to be able to do that, it will take a lot of effort on your part.
19. Surround yourself with people who will help you overcome your self doubts. People who aren’t afraid to say “this could work.”
20. There’s a big connection between what you learn and what you earn. To earn more, learn how to do the challenging or the stuff other people aren’t willing to figure out.
21. Set aside a part of your income – even before you get it.
22. If you are going to be working everyday for the rest of your life, you might as well choose the people you work with.
23. The best idea doesn’t always win. People don’t just buy ideas. First, they will buy into the people behind the idea.
24. Fail early. It’s better to close a business while you are 25 than to lose everything when you are 60.
25. Don’t be driven by hype. Always do the math.
26. Don’t borrow money (you can’t pay) to put up a business you haven’t tested.
27. Everybody wants more time and money, but not everyone knows what to do with it when they get it.
28. Always be on time. If not, be early.
29. Plan and then Do. Most people get stuck with planning.
30. You are where you are for a reason. Don’t try to go on your own, let the Lord direct your steps.
31. The target is always moving. Don’t ever think you’ve “nailed” it.
32. Preach what you practice.
33. Try to say “I’m sorry, I was wrong” more often. You’ll skip the parts you might just regret.
34. Don’t ever believe that you’re not in any position to help. It may be little, but there’s always something that you can do.
35. Honor the LORD in everything that you do. Your success is not your own doing, but a result of His favor.