For the Kids and the Parents
1. The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name – it’s a SY family favorite!
2. Give Them Grace (Foreword by Tullian Tchividjian): Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus – my parenting book for 2013!
3. Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home – just bought this one and it looks good!
For the Married Couples:
1. Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together by Mark and Grace Driscoll. A very practical book we have applied in our marriage.
2. When Sinners Say “I Do” – next to meaning of marriage, this is my 2nd recommended book on marriage for the year!
3. The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Tim Keller – hands down the best marriage book of the year.
For the Christian
1. Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ by Mark Driscoll – a great book that goes in depth in the book of Ephesians
2. Jesus Is: Find a New Way to Be Human by Judah Smith.
4. Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem by Kevin De Young.
1. Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt. How to get notice in a social media age.
2. Conviction to Lead, The: 25 Principles for Leadership That Matters – reading it now and prepare to highlight and apply the principles here
3. Twelve Unlikely Heroes: How God Commissioned Unexpected People in the Bible and What He Wants to Do with You by John Mac Arthur on the 12 disciples.
4. The Catalyst Leader: 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker by Brad Lomenick.
5. Ultimate Leadership: 21 Irrefutable Laws, Developing the Leader Within You, 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: 21 Irrefutable Laws, Developing the Leader Within You, 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork – John Maxwell collectible